Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Get your butt over to the ballet

I don't know much about ballet, but I know enough to go see a world-class company when its performing right in my own city.
I lucked out picking Friday night to see the New York City Ballet at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center -- there was a break in the weather. It was warm, but you didn't feel as though you were melting into you seat. There was even the occasional breeze that passed through.
I'll leave the reviews to Jay Rogoff, who has been previewing and reviewing the season for The Saratogian with insightful and accessible commentary.
I'll tell you that I enjoyed the variety of Friday's lineup: Mozart music for the first segment; cool, weird Red Angels; a funny dance that seemed to be an insect-like woman bugging a man; and, last but not least, Leonard Bernstein's sailors on leave.
At 18 bucks for a lawn seat, and kids under 12 free, I can't imagine why people miss this opportunity. We're already down to a two-week schedule ... and you have only one week left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home