Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mad Men I can live without: But the Power Rankings....

I will miss the mess of once-dapper Don Draper. I will miss Peggy and Joan. I will miss Roger’s moustache and Stan’s ascot. But most of all, as Mad Men comes to a close, I will miss Mark Lisanti’s Power Rankings on Grantland.

As Jessica Rabbit said (not about Mark, and about a different Roger): He makes me laugh.

Even more than the return of the show for the final, final episodes on Sunday night, I have looked forward to Lisanti’s Monday follow-up Power Rankings and Fingerbang Threat Level, even though I’ve never understood what that meant and am afraid to look it up.

Did you get it, I’ll ask my husband week. Got it, he’ll reply. Sure enough, on the kitchen counter will be the Power Rankings printout in nice big type with all the photos. I savor each page, from the “previously” to the “not ranked” and everything in between.

Thanks, Mark. I’ll miss Mad Men. But I’ll miss you more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home