Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What will you be doing on Inauguration Day?

I'll be glued to the little newsroom TV at noon Tuesday. I can't remember being more eager to hear what a president had to say on Inauguration Day. I know that every politician makes bigger promises than they can keep, but I want to believe that Obama will inspire the nation -- on Tuesday and beyond. But I will miss David Letterman's Great Moments in Presidential Speeches, with his hilariously pitiful clips of assorted Bushisms. One of my favorites, which was repeated tonight on Letterman's farewell to the feature, was Bush saying about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, as he gestured with the wrong hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home