Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bah humbug to company Christmas cards

I don't think it would save enough money to bring down the cost of health care, but I'm all in favor of Albany Medical Center eliminating from its budget the totally impersonal printed Christmas card that I for some unknown reason received in the office mail today.
That's 33 cents postage, not to mention the cost of the card and the manpower for stuffing the envelopes and printing the labels.
It's the thought that counts. So what's the thought?
Not to pick on Albany Med. Same thing happens from other businesses and politicians who ought to have better uses for the money.
I enjoy receiving cards, and I like keeping the Post Office in business. And I'm feeling guilty that I've yet to send out a card.
But meaningless holiday greetings are better unsaid, and unsent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesus In 2024 said...

OK all that read this please send Barb a meaningless Christmas card at 20 Lake Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Come on, she set herself up for this lol.

December 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home