Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

iNeed Your A-ssistance with iPad

I have a cool new toy and I am hoping you'll help me play with it.
It's an iPad.
The Journal Register Company, whose news companies include The Saratogian, is sending an iPad to each of its top editors. Mine came about a week ago, and I've just begun to fool around with it. I've been following the "reply to all" among editors sharing tips about the apps they've found useful.
But I think the iPad should be much more than a tool for doing my job. It should be a window (sorry, mac) into how people seeking and finding information, so I can better envision how The Saratogian be positioned at an essential source.
This afternoon I met a friend for coffee downtown and asked her for a pen to jot down an idea for The Saratogian website. "Where's your iPad?" she said. "You should be carrying it around, and you'll never have to borrow a pen."
Good point.
So, readers, what are your suggestions for my new iPad?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Create an app for the Saratogian on it ! Like the NYT, TU and Post Star has developed theirs...

Download some apps - weather channel-google-dragon dictation(you wouldn't have to look for a pen ever again)-huffpost-twitter-local game "snowbrawlin'- free version of "Angry Birds" (we are not game players-but these are simple and fun--everybody needs 'fun')...and the Black Friday app.....Did you get a Google Voice phone number yet ?

November 22, 2010 at 12:22 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home