Blogs > Fresh Ink

Barbara Lombardo of Saratoga Springs, NY, is a journalism adjunct at University at Albany and retired executive editor of The Saratogian, The Record and the Community News. Follow her on Twitter @Barb_Lombardo.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Weeding emails from 1,846 to 248 ... make that 267 ...

Late last night, during the Colbert Report, I completed a week-long goal of reducing my email in-box from more than 1,800 files to fewer than 250.
By morning, it was back over 270, but, ever the optimist, I'm hoping to stay on top of the endless incoming pile. Just like I try to keep the actual desk clean. Ha.
Dozens of emails arrive in my inbox every day, and hundreds have been staying there. Many are from you, readers, with suggestions and questions. Many are from my boss, also with suggestions and questions, as well as follow-up notes, directives, attaboys and, once in a while, a what were you (or someone on your staff) thinking. Until recently, many were for opportunities to improve my sex life were I a male in need of a little (or big) boost. And there are dozens of press releases, some of great interest, some of no local value, and a lot that fall in between.
My email address recently changed from blombardo@saratogian.com to blombardo@journalregister.com (Journal Register Company owns The Saratogian). The switch was made because lots of emails being sent to the saratogian.com address weren't getting there, and the senders weren't receiving bounce-backs or undeliverable mail notices. I miss the saratogian.com brand in my email address, but it's worth the tradeoff to know I'm getting your emails. The challenge now is to keep up with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home